Monday, October 1, 2012

The Dominating Junkfood of the New Generation





            We, being a part of the Age of Technological Advancements, are exposed to media. From televisions and radios to newspapers and magazines, various forms of media affect our daily lives and even tend to shape our very way of life.

            Ever since I was a child, I have always been surrounded by media. Thanks to the cartoon series that I used to watch on the television and to the nursery rhymes that I used to listen on DVD players, my personality has slowly been moved. And as the time progressed, the cartoon series became anime episodes which are very influential. And because of the impressive way the characters act in these shows, I tend to imitate them. As such, these imitations have steadily affected my daily life especially in my abilities to socialize with people. Because of media, I tend to separate myself from groups and become socially awkward when communicating to people. This has been me for about 4 years. But ever since I socialized more and listened to media less, I have been able to slowly change the state of my personality. Now, I am trying to develop the bonds which would have been forged earlier if not to the trance that media have hypnotized me with. And although the media contains such an immense power, I am trying to regulate my use of media and focus more on the reality that I should have embraced since the beginning.


3 comments:

  1. as for me, media has actually thought me to be more socially active. I actually first learned communicating in English because of the media. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. good for you.. you were able to change back and avoid the media less... well.. I'm still on my way there..

    nice one DEn.. XD

    ReplyDelete