Sunday, July 22, 2012

A Journey to a New Horizon


Change is constant in life. Yet, many of us are still reluctant to embrace it. Though change is never predictable, it will always be inevitable. And because of change, there will always be an opportunity to unravel new chapters that are yet to unfold.





It was the first day of school. The day that I began studying as a college student. I could feel the cold breeze of air in the morning touching my skin. I already took my bath, ate my breakfast, brushed my teeth and fixed myself. Everything was prepared...except for me. I was a bit nervous that day. But that didn't stop me from going to school. 

It was a most prestigious school. A state university renowned for its excellence in both fields of science and technology. It was the Mindanao State University - Iligan Institute of Technology. It was also the only university in the city. And as I began to enter its gates, I remembered past memories for I studied two years in high school there. 

When I reached the building where our classroom was supposed to be located, I was a bit distressed. The name of our section was not posted on any of the rooms. I had to look for it for quite some time. Luckily, I was able to ask one of the faculties there and he was able to point me to where my classroom was. 

I arrived there ten minutes before the class was supposed to start. My first subject was Humanities. As I entered the classroom, I saw various drawings. Some were of people, others were of nature, and a few were about  fantasies. They were made by the  students in the higher years. I was also shocked to learn that there were only few of my classmates sitting in the classroom. I was expecting that the room would nearly be full since it was the first day of school and the class was supposed to begin soon. A few minutes later, my friend came and finally I had someone to talk to. Soon, I was able to meet new people and found new friends. I learned a lot about them. Most of them were from different places. And although they had different personalities and different backgrounds, we were still able to talk with one another and feel comfortable with each other. 

Before long, we found ourselves wandering to different places inside the campus. We visited different canteens, libraries and College Departments. We also spent a lot of time eating together. But because not a single teacher was able to meet us, we went our separate ways. Today, we've made a lot more of new friends and our small group has become quite big. We still bond together and have fun together. And I'm still journeying in life.

Though there were a lot of things that have already happened, the experience I had on the first day of my College life would never be forgotten. After all, it was my new journey towards a new horizon. 




1 comment:

  1. Hello Admin!
    I have just finished reading your article entitled
    "A Journey to a New Horizon". And i really did appreciate it because i am also a freshman student of the said university. I have the same reactions when i first entered the campus. And the same with the article, i found some new friends and new classmates. And some are cool, some are not. And some are really really intelligent, some are not (just like me). But then, most of us seek for a knowledge and wisdom. And that's the one thing we have in common. And everyday, I am looking forward to have some fun with them and treasure every moment with them. And i did have fun reading your article. I really like it. THUMBS UP.

    ReplyDelete